Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bring on the New Year!

OK. I know it's been forever since I have posted a blog, but I am going to try and do a better job of it this coming new year. My life isn't really that exciting sometimes, so I don't always have a lot to say. I will do my best to keep it interesting, though at times it may not always be the most newsworthy. One thing I have found over the years, is that I tend not to write when my life is in a state of stress. Often I think that no one wants to hear about the emotional rollercoaster that sometimes defines my existence, so the pages remain blank. In my private journal I can record the deepest lessons of my life, but on the web, I usually only post the banal, the sublime, the stuff that is easily digested by most people.
The deepest life lesson that I have learned this year is Acceptance. I have learned to accept things this year that I never thought I could. At times it feels like compromise, but I continually realize that it is Love that gives me the ability to accept. Accept the things I cannot change. My mom often recites the Serenity prayer to me. She is a woman of great wisdom and love.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

That has been my motto this year that will carry me on wings of peace into the next.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment