Monday, February 13, 2006

Here she is! The new grandbaby. And a grand one she is. She is now 6 months old, born on her daddy's birthday. I have been ushered into a new chapter in my life with the arrival of her birth. I now have become a grandmother. Funny that I don't feel like an old lady, which is the normal connecting factor in being a grandma. I do know that somehow, though, I have been morphed into another personality. As I ponder the entire transformation, I realize what an awesome responsibility I now have in this young girl's life. I will now become a role model to her in a world that is ever-changing; someone who will love her and give her hugs and kisses when she needs them (that will be the easy part!) , and most exciting of all, I will become a part of her spiritual growth as she blossoms into the strong woman of God that I know she will become. All of this and more. I am most assuredly looking forward to each and every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment