Thursday, January 17, 2008

Humboldt "rasta" knitting



Here is the photo of my first major knitting project. The pattern is for beginners and it's called a prayer shawl. I feel such a sense of accomplishment! My DIL helped me get started on it and from there I went for it by myself. I have knitted hats and scarves before, but this was a bigger project. Of course there are mistakes in it. It won't be winning any ribbons at the Humboldt County fair or anything like that! For me, though, it is just what I wanted. Gus gave me a ball winder and a swift for Christmas, so now I am all set to do many more projects. My next endeavor is to make socks for s-2's birthday. Below is a photo of what not to look for when searching for a nice fleece. These are wild sheep on the Ranch on Salmon Creek. This is not where I got my fleece for my projects. These wooly mammoth sheep have been roaming around TJ & M's ranch for years without getting sheared!

1 comment: