Monday, August 18, 2008

Fogust

I don't mean to be whiny or ungrateful, and I suppose I am, but seriously..... this has got to be the crummiest summer weather I have ever experienced in Humboldt County. I wonder what my winter outlook will be like if I am this gloomy during the summer. You know the feeling. When the sky is dank and gray all day long.... it sort of drapes over your spirit as well. Today after I dropped S3 off at his summer job, S4 and I rode our bikes out to the college. We actually got dripping wet! Not with sweat, but with drizzle. Or maybe I should call it fizzle, being it was more of a super heavy fog than an actual rain. Funny, funny. Here it is Aug. 18 and I am still waiting for summer! And school starts in a week! EEeekk! Ok, I'm done whining. Enough. Reebs does a good job of demonstrating my sentiments!

Yesterday I spent a good part of the day browsing the internet searching for vacations. I know, it must have something to do with this weather..... I looked at Cancun, Hawaii, Zihuatanejo (Mexico), Cabo. I am dreaming of sunny weather! I have a credit with the airlines that I need to use before November, so I am looking for a way to spend it. The flight prices have gone up dramatically in the last year. Whoa. Mexico is still looking like my best bet. So if I don't post for a while that might just signify that I have flown southward, toward the equator, in order that I may get some summer weather somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment