Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tests


I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone. As you can see from this photo, I feel pretty comfortable in the kitchen, doing what I do best in the kitchen; cooking, canning, that kind of thing. Over the years I have spent many long hours over the stove preparing wonderfully nutritious meals for my family. (No, I'm not gloating, I really have!). In recent months I have ventured out of the kitchen, so-to-speak, and into cyberspace. I am taking online college classes.
Along with taking online college classes goes taking online college tests. I have a class that has a test, sometimes two, every week. At first blush, this doesn't seem too difficult. But then, as they say, the devil is in the details. The test must be taken in a ten minute time frame. 10 questions, 10 minutes. In all fairness to my professor, I also get three attempts at taking this test in order to get a decent grade. Seems easy enough, except that each attempt at the test presents different questions! Sometimes a previous question will appear, but mostly, each time I take the test, there are new questions. So, the first few times I submitted my quiz, I did pretty lousy. I even emailed the teacher to tell him that his tests were too hard. (They really were!) Now that I have taken 6 quizzes, I am finally getting the hang of it. The last 2 quizzes I got a 10 out of 10 on the first try! I was so proud of myself, I just had to tell someone! So I decided to tell the entire blogsphere of my accomplishment!

I have also discovered the benefits of sharing my kitchen with the other women in my family. I figure if I make sure they all know how to cook I won't have to! Pictured above: Jo, me, Dallas & Evelyn making egg rolls, chow mien and crab cheese puffs.

Yes, that is a little belly on E! Little Tulula is growing quickly in her belly!!!!!! We now know that N & E are having a girl!

News flash!!!! Dallas and Nate are having another baby! Just found out last night! Our family is growing rather quickly these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment