Monday, April 21, 2008

Sometimes it's hard to wait.....

Yet another promise that Summer is coming. This photo is a picture of peach blossoms blooming at Englewood. In a few short months they will be succulent, juicy summer peaches. Can I hardly wait? Yes, I can hardly wait. But I will...
The seasons come and go by the Lord's design, so I have no doubt that this season of cold, wet temperatures will very soon waltz into summer.








The other thing I can hardly wait for is Nick and Evelyn's wedding. The afternoon of July 26th at Englewood.

















And lastly, this is Velma. She is one of the sweetest ladies that I know and she is allowing us the pleasure of using her beautiful garden in Englewood for the wedding. Many thanks, Velma!


Update: We just had an earthquake!!! Wow! The whole house shook and rumbled! Whew....I don't think there are any problems. Our last huge earthquakes happened in 1992. If I remember, those also happened in April. We had a series of 3 huge shakers that measured 6.9, 7.0, and 7.2 on the richter scale. That time there was some serious damage. Most of the downtown area of Scotia burned to the ground and Ferndale lost a few houses. Just another wonderful attribute of living in Humboldt County.
Now if my heart would just stop pounding, I might be able to take a much needed nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment