Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birthdays!

Two of my favorite guys share a birthday today. Son #4 (S4) was born 12 yrs ago at our humble home in Shelter Cove weighing in at 10 lbs. 11 oz. He continues to grow tall and lean. At his checkup last week he was 5'5". As he grows in stature, he also grows in joy. The love that he has brought in to our lives and others' lives in beyond measure. Even as a little, little boy he would come up to me and say, "Mom, you need a hug." And most of the time I did. I thought it was so amazing that a toddler could sense the joy that could be attained by a touch, a reaching out in tenderness, in a simple hug and a loving smile. He still does that. He has continued to freely share his joy with any one he meets. What a gift.


And then there's my dad.

He kept telling me that I was going to have the baby on his birthday, but I argued, saying that was 10 days past my due date. History explains the rest!

Happy Birthday, Gentlemen!

1 Thessalonians 5:23 May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment